The main function of the innovative technopark “Yashnabad” – Chemical Technology, Materials Science, Food Industry, Energy, Scientific Development and Research, Engineering, Ecology and Medicine – and large-scale work consistently carried out in these areas make a worthy contribution in increasing the economic potential of our country.
For more information about the activities of the Yashnabad Innovation Technopark, we addressed to Shahabiddin SHARIFOV the head of the technopark and residents of the same institution with some hot-seat question.
– Shahabiddin Sharifovich, could you please tell to our readers about the term “Technopark” and about its organization? Could you please explain in simple words, what is a Technopark?
– The innovative technopark “Yashnabad” was established by the decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. 5068 dated June 5, 2017 “On the organization of an innovative technopark in the Yashnabad district of Tashkent city”.
Technopark is a technological base that implements regional, scientific, technical and innovative projects. Technopark is a complex, it includes research institutes, industrial facilities, business centers, exhibition areas, educational institutions, as well as service facilities: vehicles, roadways, settlements where the population lives, and security service.
Technoparks are, in fact, a place where innovative ideas are formed. However, technoparks are not only a platform for the introduction of modern science cities – new technologies, but also a place where unique architectural projects are implemented.
– In what sphere of action do the residents of the “Yashnabad” Technopark make their progress and what is the level of efficiency?
– Nowadays, residents of the Yashnabad Innovation Technopark are working effectively on a total of 53 innovative projects: chemical technologies, biotechnologies, pharmaceutical and medical biotechnologies, plant protection equipment, agriculture, building materials, information and communication technologies and a number of other areas.
– Could you please give a brief description about the volume of products produced in the Technopark, export potential and attracted investments, from the date of its establishment to the present day…
– At the end of 2021, residents created 710 new jobs, produced and sold products for 407 billion Uzbek soums to the domestic market of the country. At the same time, 3.8 million products worth US dollars were exported to Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
According to the results of the first half of this year, residents made investments in the amount of 5.8 million US dollars. Moreover, the Korean company CelluFab Corporation has invested 1.6 million US dollars for the construction of a joint venture with a local entrepreneur in the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan and construction works are currently carrying out.
– Increasing the number of branches of the Technopark in the regions is a demand of the time. Which regions could you cite as examples regarding this work?
– During the visit of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Sh.M. Mirziyoyev to the Namangan region on February 18-19, 2021 and following the results of an extraordinary session of the regional Council of People’s Deputies on the implementation of the program «Measures to transform the Chust district of Namangan region into an innovation zone» in accordance with instructions on the basis of extraterritorial Based on the principles of the Yashnabad Innovation Technopark, the Chust Innovation Technopark was created, and 10 innovative projects received the status of residents at the end of the year. These projects organized 79 jobs and produced goods worth 236 million soums.
Furthermore, on the basis of the decree of the president of our country during his visit to the Surkhandarya region on June 1-2, 2021, the necessary measures are being taken with partner organizations and the khokim of Surkhandarya region for the free transfer of 1.2 hectares of land from the territory of the Altynsay district to the innovative technopark «Yashnabad» in the territory of Surkhandarya region.
In particular, in accordance with the established procedure, the “Youth Innovation and Production Zone of Altynsoy” is registered in the state, which is considered as a branch of the Yashnabad Innovation Technopark. In order to organize the activities of the “business incubator supporting the commercialization of new scientific works” in the innovative technopark “Yashnabad” was formed a department for coordinating the activities of the “business incubator” and provided with the necessary equipment for the organization of activities.