With each passing day the requirements for quality and safety are increasing, thereby forcing enterprises to follow the requirements of international standards. Moreover, such a criterion as quality plays a decisive role in the choice of consumers. Therefore, high quality provides the manufacturer with a stable profit.
We talked about the impact of management systems on the production and development of the enterprise with Alisher KHUSENOV, Head of the Quality Management System Department of Bukhara Oil Refinery.
– Alisher Kamilovich, could you please tell us, what kind of management systems have already been implemented at the enterprise?
– Our major purpose is to implement management systems in the plant and their constant development. As of this date, we have already implemented 5 management systems of ISO 9001: 2015 at the plant. Quality management system; ISO 14001: 2015. Environmental management system; ISO 50001: 2018. Energy Management System; ISO 45001: 2018. Occupational health and safety management system AS 9100D. Quality Management System. Requirements for aviation, space and defense organizations.
– Could you please tell us more about the unique AS 9100 standard?
– This standard for our company is specific, it was introduced into the technological process associated with the production of jet fuel of the Jet A-1 brand. In Uzbekistan, we are the only ones who have implemented the international standard AS 9100 D version. In some production facilities of the republic have been trying to implement this management system. We have something to be proud of, because we try to implement world standards into our production one of the first in Uzbekistan, fully relying on our own strength. This also gives the advantage of including the company in the Online Aerospace Supplier Information System (OASIS).
– Do you collaborate with other companies in the industry?
– Basically, our company has streamlined cooperation in all areas. Together we solve issues related to raw materials, technologies and international standards. There is a constant exchange of experience between representatives of the plants during the visits. Moreover, during the international audits, our specialists were involved in the audit team as auditors or technical experts. And we consider this practice as an opportunity to exchange experience and improve the skills of our specialists in the field of management systems, as well as to study the best practices of other companies in our industry.
– Occupational health and safety are considered in the context of a stable and sustainable enterprise. How did you manage to implement ISO 45001: 2018 and even get a «platinum» certificate?
– Regarding the «platinum» certificate, it is important to tell a little background. In recent years, we have been undergoing an international audit according to five implemented international standards – independent auditors come to the plant, check and give an objective assessment of the implemented management systems. Over the past 6 years, international audits have been conducted at a high level at our company without the auditors identifying any significant observations. This is the result of the painstaking work of our employees, their responsible attitude to the duties assigned to them. The results of the audit in the form of a report are sent to the relevant organizations, including abroad.
We received the «platinum» certificate according to ISO 45001 from a foreign partner – a certification body from Greece. As a result of high-level international audits, the partners of the Greek Authority had a fair interest in the health and safety management system of our company. And this year they decided to personally take part in the next audit, but due to the restrictions caused by the pandemic, the company created conditions for visual online monitoring of the audit, and audit reports were also sent to them. As a result, they were so surprised that there are similar enterprises in Uzbekistan. Based on the results of the audit, the Greek authority issued an instruction to the representative in Tashkent on their behalf to solemnly present the «platinum» certificate. And, in fact, this is a very high assessment and a significant achievement of the Bukhara Oil Refinery this year.
– The purpose of ISO 14001 is to maintain measures to protect the environment and prevent pollution while maintaining a balance with the interests of the organization. The environmental management system of the Bukhara Oil Refinery is certified for compliance with the requirements of ISO 14001…
– As of today’s date, the plant is certified according to the international standard ISO 14001 – the latest current version. The system was implemented in 2011. The Bukhara Oil Refinery is an industrial facility whose activities are related to the generation of waste of certain classes, emissions and discharges, which, of course, affect the environment. In accordance with this, the main tasks of this system in the enterprise are: firstly, to identify and inventory the sources of pollution, secondly, to assess their harmful effects and, thirdly, to monitor and take measures in order to minimize the negative impact of sources on the environment.